We created a fully working ride-by-wire system for the Yamaha MT-07.
The conversion allowed the following:
- Controlling engine breaking amount
- Cruise control
- Wheelie control (done with a Bosch IMU)
- Proper launch control (actually limits the power)
- Traction control (this was done like the MT-09 and MT-10 using the ABS sensors)
- Engine warmup
- Toggle between A2 and unrestricted
- Riding modes like a rain mode
We had to create a custom wiring harness as there were many things that had to be connected to the bike. We designed it to be fully plug-and-play to ensure no modifications had to be made to the bike. Below is our full wiring diagram. For a race-oriented design, many connectors can be skipped.RaceTrec_RBW_Harness
The firmware runs on a dual-core 32-bit microcontroller.